|Location||Future Fun Land|
|Balloon(s) required||42 (race)|
|Transportation||Car, Hovercraft, Plane|
|Meet T.T. (N64)||2:07.00|
|Notes||The course takes place in a neon-lit city.|
|Next||Wizpig Strikes Back|
Star City is the fourth and final course in Future Fun Land and the twenty-fifth overall course in Diddy Kong Racing and its remake, Diddy Kong Racing DS. At least 42 Golden Balloons are required to open the course, and then 46 for its Silver Coin Challenge, or Balloon Touch Challenge in Diddy Kong Racing DS. Cars are the standard vehicle for Star City, but Hovercrafts and Planes become usable upon clearing the course twice or in Time Trials.
At the start, the racers go into a rainbow-colored tunnel and onto a long, curved bridge. If a racer falls off the bridge, they have to go all the way around to get back on it. Otherwise, they meet a dead-end. At the end of the bridge, racers enter a building that leads to a neon-lit city area full of 90 degree corners, requiring tight handling. At the end of the city area is a tunnel that leads back to the starting line.
In Diddy Kong Racing DS, the tunnel after the bridge, if a racer stayed on it, has a different angle downwards to the city. If a racer falls off the bridge, the dead-end is instead a small tunnel leading them to the city where a fork in the road is seen. The giant rotating rings are replaced by a fountain, although are still shown during Balloon Pop Challenges.
Silver Coin locations
- The first coin is just after the first Zipper, on the bridge.
- The second coin is in the muddle of the track, just before the player enters the domed building.
- The third coin is on the right side of the track, just as the city section starts.
- The fourth coin is just before the first right hand turn in the city section.
- The fifth coin is on a Zipper on the first left hand turn in the city section.
- The sixth coin is just before a left hand turn in the city section.
- The seventh coin is just before the final right hand turn in the city section.
- The eighth coin is in the middle of the tunnel entrance out of the city section.
Adventure Two mode
- On the left side of the track, just at the entrance of the cave.
- On the left side of the track, on the bridge, just before the entrance to the tunnel.
- In the middle of the track during the tunnel to the city section of the track.
- On the first corner of the city section.
- On the second corner of the city section.
- On the fourth corner of the city section.
- On the final corner of the city section.
- On the right side of the track, at the exit of the tunnel to the finish line.
Differences between versions
In the original Diddy Kong Racing, Star City received a few minor graphical changes in version 1.1:
- The Killer Instinct logo present in version 1.0 was removed.
- The three neon sun signs were replaced, one of them with the "N" part of the Nintendo 64 logo while the other two were replaced with neon yellow and white squares.
Diddy Kong Racing
The Killer Instinct logo in version 1.0
The Nintendo 64 logo in version 1.1
Diddy Kong Racing DS
Dixie Kong in the city portion of Star City
Names in other languages
|French||Ville Lumiere||Light City|
Star City (DS)
|Italian||Città Stellare||Stellar City|
|Spanish||Ciudad Cometa||Comet City|