This wiki has been automatically closed because there have been no edits or log actions made within the last 60 days. If you are a user (who is not the bureaucrat) that wishes for this wiki to be reopened, please request that at Requests for reopening wikis. If this wiki is not reopened within 6 months it may be deleted. Note: If you are a bureaucrat on this wiki, you can go to Special:ManageWiki and uncheck the "Closed" box to reopen it.
From the Rareware Wiki, the Rare encyclopedia
(Redirected from Power up Token)Jump to navigationJump to search
Diddy Kong Racing DS artwork
|First appearance||Diddy Kong Racing (1997)|
|Latest appearance||Diddy Kong Racing DS (2007)|
|Effect||Provides a specific upgrade to a Weapon Balloon item|
A Power-Up Token is a weapon-upgrading item that only appears in Diddy Kong Racing DS. They are small, white, octagonal coins surrounded by two blue borders, and have a yellow-orange arrow in the center. These common objects are found in every course in the game. However, because they are so valuable compared to other items, they are often hidden in hard-to-reach areas. When one is collected, the coin is pictured in the corner of the screen. If the player presses while their racer is in possession of a Power-Up Token, any standard weapon they are holding is greatly upgraded and turns into a special item. The item depends on the type of Weapon Balloon touched previously.
- Patroller Missile (Red Balloon): When this weapon is used, three missiles begin to circle the racer. If an opponent drives by, one of the missiles lock on and launch, until all three are used up.
- Boost Vortex (Blue Balloon): This weapon allows the racer to drive on autopilot for a few moments. While this is happening, a power bar appears on the Nintendo DS's Touch Screen. The player must tap the bar at the correct time to gain several speed boosts.
- Trickster Mine (Green Balloon): The player can set five mines disguised as Silver Coins around the course when this is activated. Additionally, the mines have a slight homing ability.
- Hide-me Shield (Yellow Balloon): This weapon allows the racer to become invisible for a short amount of time. While in this state, they cannot be attacked by opponents.
- Magma Missile (Rainbow Balloon): If the racer fires this missile, it travels across the map on the bottom screen of the DS system. When the missile approaches an opponent, the player is able to tap the character to make the weapon lock on and attack. If the player takes too long to tap their opponent, the missile self-detonates.