|Balloon(s) required||9 (race)|
|Transportation||Car (default), Hovercraft, Plane|
|Meet T.T. (N64)||1:44.00|
|Notes||The race takes place around a Christmas-themed village|
Frosty Village is the fourth and final course of Snowflake Mountain, the eighth main race track, and the ninth track overall in Diddy Kong Racing and its Nintendo DS remake, Diddy Kong Racing DS. A minimum of 9 Golden Balloons to race on the course, and 16 for the Silver Coin Challenge (Balloon Touch Challenge in Diddy Kong Racing DS). As its name suggests, Frosty Village takes place in a snowy village downhill, as well as some cave segments. There is also freezing water that bounces racers upward. The car is the default vehicle for this course, but the hovercraft or plane can also be used either upon its completion or during a Time Trial.
Part of the music for this course bears a resemblance to the Christmas song "Winter Wonderland".
The track starts with a right hand turn that leads to a viaduct that leads to a hill. At the bottom of the hill is a small village with three houses, and a right hand turn leading into a cave. The cave leads to a winding path, adorned with a lot of lampposts and Christmas trees. At the end of the path is another cave, which leads to a section with a small lake on waterfall on the right side of the track. At the end of this is a small cave that leads back to the track's starting line.
In Diddy Kong Racing DS, several rock spikes were removed from the mid-part of the level. This makes the shortcut slightly easier to take.
Silver Coin locations
- Just after the start line, near the sign indicating where the player should go.
- In the furthest left opening in the viaduct leading to the hill.
- In the furthest right opening in the viaduct leading to the hill.
- Just in front of the middle house in the village.
- On the left of the cave wall, just after a Zipper.
- Close to a tree and rock face in the winding path section.
- Close to a rock face on the left hand part of the track, just after the end of the lake.
- Just before the finish line, on the left hand part of the track close to the water's edge.
Adventure Two mode
- In the middle of the track, if the player drives through the middle opening of the viaduct.
- On the left side of the course, next to a tree, just before the turn into the cave.
- In between the second and third houses in the village section.
- After the tunnel section of the cave, on the left side of the track, just in front of a Zipper.
- After the tunnel section of the cave, on the right side of the track, just in front of a Zipper.
- On the right side of the course, just after the first opening with the lake.
- On the left side of the course, right next to the finish line.
- On the right side of the course, right next to the finish line.
Names in other languages
|French||Village Surgele||Frozen Village|
|Italian||Villaggio Candido||White Village|
|Spanish||Aldea Helada||Frosty Village|