It has been requested that this article be rewritten.
|Balloon(s) required||2 (race)|
|Transportation||Plane (default), Hovercraft,|
Car (N64 only)
|Meet T.T. (N64)||1:53.00|
|Notes||The first snow course of the game|
Everfrost Peak is the first race course of the Snowflake Mountain area of Timber's Island, the fifth main race track, and the sixth overall track in the games Diddy Kong Racing and its remake, Diddy Kong Racing DS. This course is unlocked automatically along with the world itself, as both require at least two Golden Balloons to enter. The Silver Coin Challenge (or Balloon Touch Challenge in the Nintendo DS remake) instead requires at least ten Golden Balloons.
In the original Nintendo 64 version of the track, all three vehicles are usable on this track upon completion of the course or during a Time Trial. In the Nintendo DS remake, Cars are not featured among the options because the water at the start of the level is no longer frozen. The standard vehicle for this track in both games is the plane.
This track is the smallest and most simple snowy track out of the four within the game. Everfrost Peak is in the shape of a sloppy figure-8. The arches are more snowy in the Nintendo 64 version of the game, as in the Nintendo DS version, the arches are a dark black color, and appear to be more rocky than snowy/icy. The arches in Diddy Kong Racing DS are also slightly bigger, and seem to be thicker than the ones that are in the Nintendo 64 version of the game. The sky for this course in the Nintendo 64 version is dark blue with stars, while it is brighter in Diddy Kong Racing DS.
At the start of the race, players start in a plane and the frigid road starts off by curving slightly to the right, then to the left with some boost pads on the ground as well as in the air. The sides of the road have big, cold snowy mountains with a bunch of snowy trees on the top.
Soon, the racers approach a long, freezing river with some edges sticking out with some collectibles on them. Also, some snowmen with scarfs start appearing along with the trees on the mountain tops. The freezing river also curves slowly to the left. When the curve is over, the river continues to go straight for a bit as the racers approach an arch hanging above the water from the frosty mountains on the sides of the river. It is nearly in the middle of the racer's flying route, so they have the option to yield over the arch, or cautiously dip underneath it. The river ends as the frosty road returns with some Item Balloons just after the current comes to a stop.
Next, the racers enter an ice cavern, curving to the left and then slightly to the right. The ceiling of the cavern seems to lower at the first curve. The ice is also a darker blue color and seems to be more thick. Once the racers exit the cave, there is a split path with a big, mountainous chunk of ice in the middle separating the two paths. Both paths are pretty much identical, as they are both very short and stay parallel to each other. While the racers are going on the split paths, they are also going on a big downhill. Once the downhill ends, the two paths rejoin back into one big, frigid road again.
Then, the road curves right as the racers go under or over another arch hanging from both of the snowy mountains on the sides. There is also a boost pad on the road if a racer chooses to go under the arch. Then the road curves slowly to the right, with some more boost pads on the ground as well as in the air.
Finally, the road makes some small zigzags as the racers approach the finish line for their next two runs.
Silver Coin locations
- Just after the first corner, near one of the trees.
- In between two Weapon Balloons, just before the water section.
- On a small island in the water section, just before the rainbow Weapon Balloon.
- On the same island, but hidden behind the rainbow Weapon Balloon.
- On top of an arch, just after where the third and fourth Silver Coins are located.
- At the exit of the cave.
- On top of an arch, not long after the cave.
- Below the same arch, not long after the cave.
Adventure Two mode
- Underneath the first blue Item Balloon, on the right side of the track.
- After the first Zippers, very close to the wall on the left side of the track.
- Floating above the water on the left side of the track, next to a ramp.
- At the top of a hill, next to a tree.
- Just after the ramp, after the second set of Item Balloons.
- Just after the blue Item Balloon, on the branching path after the tunnel.
- Next to a tree on the left side of the track, next to two Zippers.
- On the right side of the track, before the finish line.
Names in other languages
|French||Pic Congele||Frozen Peak|
Ewige Eisspitze (DS)
Eternal Ice Peak
|Italian||Picco Glaciale||Glacial Peak|
|Spanish||Glaciar Heladero||Ice Cream Glacier|